A shining example of goodness who swears to fight for justice. Basically a keener.
You first meet her, and even have her join your party while on your first quest to free Alina from the gang leader at the Bitch's Sixth Tit. You later find out (after she likes you more) that she was there looking for her missing sister. If pressed further, she'll tell you that Alina is her younger half-sister from the Balof's second marriage.
Capture her during the Manor Invasion. You can collar her after you throw her in the dungeon by building her submission or relationship by torturing her or giving gifts.
Skills given by Level
- Level 1
- Martyrdom: Technique. Costs 10 Momentum. Generates more Threat for 5 turns.
- Lay on Hands: Prayer. Costs 7 Mana. Restores the HP of an ally.
- Level 6
- Holy Armor: Prayer. Costs 5 Mana. Increases an ally's DEF.
- Level 8
- Smite: Technique. Costs 12 Momentum. Attacks an enemy with Radiant damage
- Level 17
- Stagger: Technique. Costs 20 Momentum. Attacks an enemy. Lowers AGI for 5 turns.
- Level 23
- Holy Phalanx: Prayer. Costs 12 Mana. Increases the DEF of all allies for 6 turns.
- Level 28
- Shining Strike: Technique. Costs 15 Momentum. Attacks an enemy with Radiant damage and heal the ally with the lowest (total) health. Attention: The actual health number decides which ally gets healed, so a fully healed ally with a low total health will get the heal over injured allies with a higher current health number.
Prayers by Equipment
- Basic Prayerbook -
- Cure Light Wounds: Prayer. 10 Mana, single ally, restores health. (currently only while equipped, prayer is not learned, probably a bug)
- Chicken Soup Book -
- Cleanse Body: Prayer. Costs 5 mana. Removes body status effects from a single ally.
- Doctor Weird Vol. 2 -
- Scintillating Shards: Prayer. Costs 8 Mana, Single enemy, Control, Radiant.
- Librum Caseum -
- Clear Mind: Prayer, removes mind status effect from a single ally
- Hymnal Blast: Prayer, deals sonic damage to a single target of your choice
- Book of Love and Passion:
- Angelsong: Prayer, deals sonic damage to a single target
- Queen's Rhapsody: Prayer, deals sonic damage to all targets
- Favoured Fortune: Prayer, buffs the luck stat of one ally by one level
- Dark and Stormy Knight:
- Divine Punishment: Prayer, deals lightning damage to a single target
- Static Chain: Prayer, deals lightning damage to all enemies
From Unity force
- X-strike: 5 momentum. A strong attack that has a 66% chance to inflict stagger and a 50% chance to remove all cover statuses (cover, stonewall, shieldwall, guardian, or pack tactics). It is followed up by an even stronger attack from Hero.
- Starting - Sabre
- Holy Diver
Doll might be a tank, but Therese is the Tank of the game so far. Martyrdom is why. Therese doesn't just have the heaviest armor and most natural Threat; Martyrdom can increase even it further, meaning more attacks are going to be aimed at her. While she doesn't have the HP of Doll, she does have a higher natural DEF, and like Doll, can increase it using her skills. Equipping a Defense Piece will push her DEF and MDF beyond Doll's.
While Doll grants Regeneration, a strong but slow heal; Therese can cast Lay on Hands, which is a direct healing skill, albeit not as much overall healing. Better for clutch heals though Doll's can be better for longer fights. Her big downside is that she'll be available long after Doll is, so you might have already settled into a comfortable party set-up. Otherwise it's cast Martyrdom, and either Guard to take even less damage or attack with her moderate ATK. Healing when needed.
Therese comes with a large health pool, high defense and magic defense and the ability to wear the highest armour class in the game as well as heavy shields. She comes with abilities that make her an excellent natural tank, however she is not purely limited to this role.
Therese quickly learns multiple defensive abilities that increase her own survivability and that of her party. Martyrdom is an excellent threat building ability that allows her to draw enemy attention to her against most enemies. It has a high momentum cost of 10 which means at worst you need to dedicate two turns of regular attack to set it up. Once the initual use is done, the increased attacks against Therese are easily enough to maintain the threat buff as well as stack up additional momentum for offensive techniques. Lay On Hands offers a cheap, efficient heal for a single target and can be used to either save an injured ally or stabilize Therese against incoming damage. Also, while Martyrdom is up, healing also generates additional threat. This skill set is compeleted by Holy Armor to buff the defense stat of an ally or Therese by one level, therefore preventing damage before it's taken. Later, this can be replaced by Holy Phalanx as a group buff. Since Therese uses Techniques and Prayers instead of Evocations like Doll, she is more flexible in her usage of momentum. That being said, her low mana pool limits her considerably, especially in long battles.
Any momentum that's created during Martyrdom or while Therese heals and buffs her party can be used for offensive techniques for additional damage or during low incoming damage to the party:
Smite offers a source of radiant damage besides Meline's prayers and works well against undead, demonic or fey enemies. That being said, against enemies with no weakspot against radiant, a regular attack will usually deal almost the same amout of damage and build up additional momentum.
Stagger deals physical damage against a single enemy and applies the Staggered-debuff which lowers the enemy's agility and evasion rate, making them attack after most of your party and more likely to take a critical hit. Also, enemies with agility based damage like archers, rangers or Kellos snipers of all variations deal considerably less damage while staggered. With this, Stagger is also a powerful defensive technique to prevent damage. It comes at a high cost of 20 momentum, which has to be kept in mind so you don't starve Therese of momentum when Martyrdom is about to run out.
Shining Strike is a hybrid spell which deals a medium amount of radiant damage and at the same time applies a low amout of healing to an ally. While this ability would be an excellent filler for phases with moderate incoming damage, there is one fatal flaw that makes Shining Strike nearly useless in every situation: The ally who receives healing is chosen automatically, it's always going to be the ally with the lowest number of health. It doesn't matter if that target is fully healed or not, as only the actual number of hitpoints is checked by the game. For example: You have Yeon in your party who has a low base health. Yeon has taken no damage and sits at full health of 900 hitpoints. The hero has already taken some hits and sits at about 50% health with 1000 hitpoints. If Therese uses Shining Strike, Yeon will be healed because even at 100% total health, her hitpoints are lower than the hero's current health at 50% and the healing is therefore wasted. Shining Strike still deals more radiant damage than Smite against vulnerable targets, but not enough to justify the higher momentum cost. An easy way to solve this would be to fix the ability to chose the healing target based on health percentage than on health numbers, if this happens Shining Strike would be completely valuable to use and Therese's roll as a tank/heal hybrid would be buffed immensely.
By equiping Doctor Weird Vol II, Therese is able to learn Scintillating Shards which deals radiant damage and has a chance to apply the Dazed-debuff. Dazed emenies have a high chance to miss which prevents physical damage dealt to the party, making it an excellent defensive tool as well.
With the new late-game tomes Book of Love and Passion, Librum Caseum and Dark and Stormy Knight, Therese gains access to new offensive prayers to deal sonic or lightning damage as well as group damage. Especially sonic damage is very rare and can come very handy against multiple types of enemies, especially since it always has a chance to deafen its target and prevent damage taken from enemy spell. Librum Caseum also grants Therese the Clear Mind prayer to remove mental status debuffs such as allure or hallucination. That being said, each of those tomes can only be gained during the current late-game and therefore isn't very useful unless in a New Game+. Furthermore, her low mana pool prevents her from using offensive prayers consistently over the course of a long fight.
In her role as a pure tank, Therese has to compete against Doll, Raina and the hero in Phantom Knight mode. Raina and Phantom Knight are only avaialbe after progressing through a good portion of the game while Doll is accessable from day one. Doll has a lower physical damage output, but gains access to damaging spells in various schools of magic (venom, sonic, lightning, necrotic and frost) via equipment, however has to give up the extra defense of a shield while learning these spells. Also, all damaging abilities are evocations, which means both Doll's momentum and low mana pool need to be managed properly. Raina and Phantom Knight are purely momentum based, which is an advantage as a tank that takes more hits and therefore builds up momentum quicker, however they only offer physical damage and especially Raina needs to be set up properly for good output. As a pure tank, Therese offers the most flexibility with two damage source early on, prayers and techniques to use mana and momentum seperately and her ability to heal without any additional set up. Also, she is the only tank who can buff not only her own defense but those of her party as well.
To make the most use of Therese's flexibility, she can be used as a hybrid tank with efficient off-healing to assist another healer in your party, buffs for other tanky party members and reliable spot damage when needed. This means that either as a pure tank or a hybrid, Therese can work well with every kind of party set up and fill every role needed with the right setup and itemization.
- +4: Rock Candy
- +2: Lovely Flowers, Sweet Perfume, Pearl Necklace, Porcelain Doll, Box of Chocolates, Slice of Cake, Pocket Tome, Monster Fang, Shiny Bits
- -2: Berry Gera, Clockworke Amusemente
- +4: Whip
- +0: Clothespins
- Initial relationship: 1
- Joins party
- +5 to her Magic
- 50% discount for blessings
- +5 to her Magic
Love / Respect Quest
- Beyond Good and Devil
Conversation & SexEdit
Conversation (in dungeon):
- Fucking Machine (requires upgrade)
- Whip (requires upgrade)
- Wooden Horse (requires upgrade)
Conversation (after joining):
- Be Nice
- Be Rough
- Enforce Discipline
- Attend Church Together
- Torture options while in dungeon
- The Long-Awaited Climax- At the end of Manor Invasion with two nuns.
- A Knight to Remember- At the end of Beyond Good and Devil (her love quest)
- Teasing a Paladin- Vacation scene
- When you first recruit her, she is described as "Paladin of Mercy". Upon completion of Beyond Good and Devil, this changes to "Knight-Exemplar", which reflects the change in her life.
Hidden stats Edit
The following are a list of stats/traits that are not made readily apparent about Hero on the status menu. Be warned that some of these might reveal spoilers about the character!
- Takes 200% damage from anti-human attacks (becomes 150% after a certain achievement)
- Has a natural 10% resistance to the 'pinned' status effect
- Has a natural 95% hit chance
- Has a natural 5% evasion chance
- Has a natural 4% critical chance
- Has a natural 130% threat generation rate
|Party Characters|| Bronwyn ● Chimei ● Diadira ● Doll ● Elaiya|
Felix ● Gargan ● Hero ● Kyrie ● Larelle
Meline ● Raina ● Therese ● Yamamaya ● Yeon
|Maids||Lilac ● Nerys ● Pandora ● Randi ● Renfeld ● Violet|
|Male Followers||Kevin ● Nicholas|
|Other Harem Members||Alina ● Apple Kid ● Eulania ● Ino ● Orange Kid ● Penelope|
|Shopkeepers||Florine ● Natya ● Serade|
|Other Important NPCs||Doralice ● Brigandine ● Meiriona ● Amazing Old Man|
|Bonus (Non-Canon) Party Members||Cerulean ● Wiki-tan|